Why I Still Believe
For anyone who feels caught in the tension between the beauty of God's story and the ugliness of human hypocrisy, Why I Still Believe
offers a stirring story of hope.
At a time when de-conversion stories have become all too common, this is an earnest response - the compelling conversion of an unlikely believer whose questions ultimately led her to irresistible hope. Sharp addresses her own struggle with the reality that God's people repeatedly give God's story a bad name and takes a careful look at how the current church often inadvertently produces atheists despite its life-giving message.
For those who feel the ever-present tension between the beauty of salvation and the dark side of human nature, Why I Still Believe
is a candid and approachable case for believing in God when you really want to walk away. With fresh and thoughtful insights, this spiritual narrative presents relevant answers to haunting questions like:
- Isn't there too much pain and suffering to believe?
- Is it okay to have doubt?
- What if Jesus' story is a copy of another story?
- Is there any evidence for Jesus' resurrection?
- Does atheism explain the human experience better than Christianity can?
- How can the truth of Christianity matter when the behaviors of Christians are reprehensible?
With firmly grounded truths, Why I Still Believe
is an affirming reminder that the hypocrisy of Christians can never negate the transforming grace and truth of Christ.