Five Campus Dogmas , Beckwith (SLS-3)
Some beliefs that are widespread and rarely challenged in the academic world are inconsistent with a Christian worldview. These dogmas include:
- All that exists is the material world.
- Reason and liberal politics require that we deny that there are any incontestable truths.
- Tolerance requires relativism and acceptance.
- Moral status is a matter of desire.
- Darwinism has refuted design.
A professor of philosophy, Beckwith explains how each dogma is internally inconsistent and shows how it differs from the Christian view of reality, which holds that society requires moral truth and that empirical science does not refute belief in God.