College Preparation 1-2, Adams (SLS-3)
Professor and criminologist Mike Adams offers five things someone can do to prepare for college:
- Read a book a month.
- Seek out worldview training.
- Pick the right university.
- Realize Google is not a friend to higher education.
- Do targeted reading and research.
Professor Adams gives several book and website recommendations that will help young people choose the right school, secular or Christian. He illustrates his points with personal anecdotes and public examples taken from the national media.
In part two, Mike Adams follows up with several things to do to survive and thrive on secular campuses, including:
- Asking good questions using the Columbo Technique.
- Getting more worldview training.
- Joining a Christian organization on campus.
- Knowing your constitutional rights.
Adams explains constitutional rights when it comes to freedom of speech. He insists that learning how to defend your beliefs is not enough; you have to have the courage to defend them in a hostile environment.